The Interim Steering Committee of Im4theArts has received 6 nominations for the seven positions as National Officials (the executive) on the NSC, coming from 5 provinces, 4 men and 2 women. The date for nominations closed on 2 September 2020. We do not have sufficient numbers yet to call an election.
We are aware that some members have expressed their desire to nominate or be nominated, but were not able to participate in the nomination process in time. For this reason, and to ensure the fullest participation of our members, we will extend the period of nominations for two weeks.
- Please nominate persons for the National Steering Committee before 17h00 on 16 September 2020.
- Voting will take place from 17-23 September 2020.
Below are the lists of eligible Full Members, per province so it is easier to find people you may know.
- National Officials of Im4theArts need to be Full members in good standing (members for at least 14 days and meeting all the requirements of Full Membership) and they should be eager to volunteer their time and energy to support this movement to formalise and bring positive change for the arts sector.
- They need to be people of integrity, with skills in at least one or more of the following areas: administration, finances, project management, legal, lobbying, communications.
- They are elected for a period of two years. 50% of the National officials must be women, and they, together with the rest of the NSC, should be representative of the diversity of our country.
- Frank Meintjies continues in the position of Electoral Officer and will continue to oversee the process going forward.
Im4theArts Interim Steering Committee